Friday, January 16, 2009

What is she trying to do to me?

Yesterday, I was sitting in my chair feeding Zoe while Sydney was sitting in Bill's chair eating popcorn. Sydney started talking to me and when I looked over at her, she started pointing at her nose and sniffing. That's what she does when she needs a tissue, so I handed her one. A few minutes later, she started doing the same thing. I though to myself, "that was awfully quick that she needed another tissue." I looked a little closer and she had an unpopped popcorn kernel in her nose! I quickly took that out, but she kept pointing to her nose. I looked into it to see what she was complaining about and saw another kernel wedged up in further. I tried to get her to blow her nose while holding the other side down so she was just blowing out that one side... nothing! I tried getting her to smell some cayenne pepper to make her sneeze. Nothing! However, it made me sneeze! I tried using her nasal suction and still nothing. That thing wasn't budging. I was starting to get a little frantic. I finally decided to call the doctors office to see if they had any ideas. While I was leaving the message, Sydney was continuing to blow her nose with no success. The second after I hung up (literally), she blew her nose one last time and low and behold the kernel came out. Thank goodness! Some days I think these children are trying to send me to an early grave! :)

No comments: