Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Long overdue updates

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. It's been a hectic few weeks.

Last week I had to take Sydney to get some immunology blood work done. I took her Tuesday afternoon and found out they couldn't do it that day, because they send it straight down to Children's Hospital 2 days a week and they'd already done that. So... I had to take her back on Thursday. The only glitch was that I also had an appointment for her to get a couple shots. Her first immunology blood work showed that she didn't have as high readings as she should on her Hib shot and her pneumonia vaccines. Hmmm, doesn't that sound like it could affect the fact that she gets PNEUMONIA all the time?! I had to take her for an extra shot of her Hib vaccine and also a different pneumonia vaccine. Then we have to go back in a month to get her blood drawn again to see if the numbers went up.

Right after that, I had to take her to the Lowell clinic to get her blood drawn for her second round of immunology tests. The phlebotomist didn't have much faith in herself. Granted, Sydney use to be horrible to get blood from, but she's a lot better now. She got it the first time, thank goodness.

Friday night we went to Bill's Air Evac regional awards banquet. It was nice to be out without the girls for a night. Saturday, we had planned on possibly going to the Tulsa zoo, but decided against it since it was so hot. Instead, we did things around home.

Yesterday, I took Zoe to her 9 month appointment. She weighed 16lbs 8oz (10th percentile) and was a little over 25 inches long (5th percentile). She's kind of slimming down I guess. She had been in the 50th percentile for weight until now. Everything looked good. She didn't have to have shots, but did have a hematocrit which was normal.

Today I took Sydney (and Zoe) to her first dentist appointment. When I got there, they said the doctor was just going to look at her teeth, because they had to get medical information from her doctors before they could do xrays and clean her teeth. That means another trip to the dentist in about 3 weeks. Syd was a little hesitant at first, but then let the dentist look at her teeth.

Tomorrow night we head to Little Rock for Syd's appointments on Thursday. She has an Upper GI first thing in the morning, then an ENT appointment late afternoon. I don't plan on being out of there before 5 because we've had a late afternoon ENT appointment before and they run late!

In a couple weeks Bill leaves for 6 weeks to his Blackhawk course. I am not looking forward to that at all. I have to get some rest in before that hits.

The monstrosity of the shed is still being built. So much for the 2 week project. I am going to have to post pictures of it. It is enormous. I wish the whole second floor could be removed because it is so big.

I will try to download my pictures off my camera soon. It is such a pain now that my card reader in my computer doesn't work. One of these days this computer is just going to say "It's been fun, but I've had enough!", turn itself off and never come back on. I'm not looking forward to that day!

No comments: