Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Updates on Sydney

This is a little thing I found in Hobby Lobby and thought was perfect to put up over Sydney's bed.


Tomorrow I take Sydney down to Children's for her first dose of Vivaglobin. Finally after 6 months of her IVIG's, we get to switch to the subcutaneous, weekly doses. Tomorrow they will just monitor her to make sure she doesn't have any reactions to this version. Next week (and for 2-3 weeks after that), we'll have a home health nurse come in and train me on how to give her the doses. From to looks on the CD they sent, they are just tiny little needles that go into her stomach, thigh or upper arm. Depending on how she tolerates it, she may have to have more 2 sites that she gets poked. We'll find out tomorrow.



I'm so glad we are going to Little Rock tomorrow as Thursday evening we are supposedly getting a big winter storm coming in. On one of the stations tonight they said we could get .25-1.0" of freezing rain, .25-.50" sleet and 4-10+" of snow. Another station says we'll get about 1/4" of ice and 3" of snow. Either way, it's not looking good. Snow isn't so bad... it's the ice I hate. Bill said he's going to just mention tomorrow at work that it's going to get bad down here. Hopefully they'll pick up on it and let him come home Thursday evening. It doesn't sound like they are going to get as much ice, if any, in Springfield. There is mention here that there could be power outages in places. This makes me very nervous with the girls and the fireplace that doesn't produce much heat. Bill tells me that if I keep the fire hot, it would heat the living room, but I'm not so sure. I guess we'll find out!



This week's been a bad week already. I had to call the insurance company about Sydney's RSV shots to see where they are on paying them. Of course they have denied all 3 of them. The worst part is that we didn't even give Sydney the 3rd one (because they didn't pay for the first two) and the company billed the insurance for it. They were suppose to pick the vial back up from the pediatrician's office, but didn't. So now we sit with $41,000 not paid by the insurance for 3 shots. This doesn't make for a happy Kim!

No comments: