Saturday, May 03, 2008

Getting better

Looks like the girls are getting over their strep throat. Thursday, I woke up throwing up, etc. I don't know what happened to me. It was very hard to get around and feed and take care of the girls, though. I just wanted to go to bed. Sydney has had horrible diarrhea from the antibiotics. I would feed her, then whatever she had would come straight out the other end within around 1/2 an hour of being fed. It was bad. I think her pro-biotics are finally kicking in and at least thickening up her stools to make them a little more tolerable. I can tell you that a diaper does not hold 5 1/2 oz of fluid at one time! I haven't been doing Sydney's vest treatment, because I'm afraid it might push everything out of her!

Paige was ready to go back to school yesterday, but after the night we had with the tornado warnings, I was way too tired to take her. She was so happy yesterday, because I had to throw away her old toothbrush (for any traces of strep) and give her the only extra one I had. It was one I got from the dentist last time I went. I haven't seen her clean her teeth as well as she has since she's had this one in a long time. I'll have to remember this trick. She thinks it is the greatest toothbrush. It cracks me up.

It's only going to be around 61 degrees outside today, but I think I'm going to let Paige play outside today for awhile at least. She's getting cabin fever.

No comments: