Wednesday, December 24, 2008
It's not a holiday if there's not an illness involved!
Of course we have one. Guess who's sick... that's right, Sydney! I took her to the doctor Monday evening for a cough. The pediatrician sent her to get a chest x-ray on Tuesday morning and said it wasn't pneumonia and prescribed her some Suprax since it was so close to the holiday and she had 102+fever. Tuesday around 11 am her fever went up to 103.5! I quickly started her on more fever reducers. It didn't come down very quickly. I even got one reading in her ear of 104.5! I gave her a tepid bath and tried cooling her down with wet facecloths. I finally got her temperature down a little. Last night was hard. Even after giving her additional breathing treatments and vest treatments she needed 1.5 liters of oxygen (and could have probably used more). She still beeped every 10-15 minutes for either her oxygen level or her heart rate (due to her fever). This morning she looked a lot better. Her temperature was under 100 so we all went to Christmas at Bill's parents. I had been tempted to keep her and Zoe at home. Now I am kind of feeling like I should have. Her fever is back up to almost 102 again and she's breathing very fast. I have a feeling it's going to be another long night. Hopefully, though, with the Motrin and oxygen she can keep it down to a minimum. The pediatric nurse told me not to take her to the emergency room unless it is really an emergency, due to the fact she'd be sitting there forever with all the other sickies. It's just a little unnerving when her fever gets so high. I guess we'll find out what happens tonight. Off to getting gifts together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment