After Thursday night of Sydney having a croupy cough all night, I took her into the doctor on Friday. She confirmed she had croup and also an ear infection. She prescribed her an oral steroid and an antibiotic. I don't know if it is a side effect of her being sick, but Sydney's button is leaking like no tomorrow. I checked the volume of the balloon last night, which was fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is. She keeps tearing off the "cloth" that we rubber band around it. It soaks up the liquid that leaks out of the button. Last night after she had done that, she had leaked through her clothing so bad that when she leaned against my shirt, my shirt was soaked! I hate that button with a passion and will be glad when she can finally be rid of it. Sydney survived the first night of the croup without any oxygen, but last night was up to 1 liter and was still beeping. This morning I found out that a lot of it was probably due to the fact that her nose was so stuffy that the oxygen probably wasn't reaching where it should be. That is the most annoying part of all of that.
Zoe is bound to get sick. Paige woke up with a cough this morning and between Paige and Sydney being on top of Zoe and having to touch her all the time, there's no way she's getting out of it.
So much for Valentine's day. Bill worked for someone who had a family wedding to go to and left at around 6:15 this morning. He had a late flight and didn't get home until around 9:30 tonight. Paige never got to see him at all today and we all got an ecard... whoo hoo. Valentine's day is so overrated.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment