Sunday, July 20, 2008

Talk about a headache!

I have the worst one this morning. Last night I had to finally after several months put Sydney on oxygen. This was only because she was so stuffy that she wasn't getting enough through her nose and mouth by herself. I had to put it on 1.5-2.0 liters so it would blast past her stuffiness. All through the night she managed to get the cannula out of her nose just enough that her machine beeped. It was the most annoying thing. I had forgotten how irritating that machine can be when it is beeping. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I had to get up to move the tube back into her nostrils. She didn't enjoy it either, because it has been so long since she's had to use it. I'm sure the strength it was on was uncomfortable as well. I am really hoping she doesn't need it tonight, but she's still awfully stuffy. I'm going to pin her down, put some saline in her nose and suction it out as well as I can before bed.

It's 8:30 am and I'm already ready for a nap!

No comments: