I don't have any pictures for this entry. For some reason, my reliable (ha ha) HP computer isn't recognizing my card in the reader. I have to dig up my cord for my camera to connect to the Dell to transfer pictures.
More important news to relay. Sydney's cardiologist has decided to go ahead and do heart surgery to close the hole in her heart. They have scheduled it for August 8. My priority now is working on getting Bill home in time for the surgery. This has been a very difficult decision for me, as I keep questioning whether it is the right thing to do. I have decided that since all the cardiologists and the cardiology surgeons have come to the conclusion, it probably is the right time. They all have a meeting when they have a patient possibly needing surgery and discuss it. They all have to agree on it or they don't do it. That's what happened a year ago. Sydney's case was presented to the department and they all said no. Well, this year, they all said yes. I got the call today. It's kind of a good thing, because this will get rid of all her heart conditions. From what I read online, after this surgery, she will only have to see a cardiologist for maybe another year, then she is considered healed and won't have to go back for the rest of her life! That would be awesome. On the other hand, it is a big surgery and she does have problems with her lungs. I'm just glad that Bill should be able to come home and be her with me for it. I don't think I could do that alone. I remember handing Sydney over for her last surgery. It is the hardest thing in the world I have ever had to do. It's bringing tears to my eyes right now just thinking about it. At least this time we are prepared for the fact that Sydney has a really hard time coming out of anesthesia. I've been told that after the surgery for the first 2 hours we will only be able to see her 10 minutes out of the hour. Then we can go sit with her, but we can't spend the night with her for the first 3 days, I believe it is. It might be the first 2 nights, though. They have a nurse that sits by her the whole time watching her and we are able to call at any time of the day or night to check on her. Then they will move her to a more lax room across the hall and we will have a little private room in a big room that has a central nurses' station. At least one of us will be required to stay with her there. It sounds like she could be in the hospital from 3 days to a week barring any complications. Then we have to remember to scoop her up from her bottom when we pick her up rather than under her arms for 6 weeks. It wouldn't do her chest any harm, but apparently hurts like heck if you do.
That's our excitement for the week. I took the girls grocery shopping this evening after school. Paige is getting really pretty good at sitting in the cart and being good. I have to tell her over and over how proud I am of her doing that so she'll stay sitting down. Of course, today everything she saw was something we were running out of at home. She cracks me up! I just love that girl (both of them, actually), even though she tests my patience most days.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment