Two exciting things happened today. First, Zoe started crawling! One of Sydney's pieces of popcorn was on the floor and next thing we knew, Zoe was crawling towards it. Maybe after she gets it down she will be less grumpy.
The second exciting thing that happened today was that we put Sydney in panties this morning until around 4 (when she gets her diuretic) and she stayed dry! She told us every time she needed to go and even had a nap and was dry the whole time! So exciting!!!
We had our Kansas City trip this week. The Down syndrome clinic was interesting, but would have helped us better if we had gone right after Syd was born. The most helpful part was the behavioral psychologist. He helped us with some issues we are having with Paige. We also had Syd's neck x-rays taken while we were there. In the afternoon, we saw the pulmonologist for a second opinion. When I told her about Sydney being on the diuretics, her eyes almost popped out of her head. She didn't think she should be on them. She thought that the Atrovent was probably helping her. We will see, because tomorrow we have to move her down from four times a day originally to three times a day recently to twice a day. Last night her pulse ox beeped a couple times, but nothing that lasted very long. I think if she starts that again, we will know that it is the atrovent helping her, not the diuretic. The KC pulmonologist thought if she was kept on her diuretic, she should have blood drawn every 2 weeks to once a month at the least. Not the 3 months that our pulmonologist suggested. I'm going to talk to the pediatrician about this. It definitely left us with a lot to think about. She also suggested we see an immunologist, which is something I had to ask for here. She also wants Syd to get an upper GI to make sure her Nissen is still tied. Otherwise she could be aspirating her reflux if it's not still tight.
I guess we'll make our decisions on which children's hospital we want to use. I know we just want what is best for Sydney.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment