Friday, May 29, 2009

Time to combine!

I've decided to just add all of Zoe's stuff to this blog. It's too hard to keep up two of them. Especially with 3 girls that are always on the go!

Zoe has started to really pick up on her crawling. She's starting to get into everything! She's pretty quick as well, seeing she's only been crawling a couple days. I truly believe she will be walking pretty soon. She's been pulling herself up on things and when she crawls, she sometimes puts her legs out straight and stands on her feet and hands.

I thought once she started crawling that she'd be happier. WRONG! She's still the little grumpy girl she always has been. Now we've added separation anxiety on top of it all. If I leave the room, she screams her head off. If anyone else leaves the room, she could care less. I love that she wants me so much, but it's a little annoying when you can't get anything done. Her being able to crawl has helped out just a little bit. At least she keeps herself busy crawling to things for about 5 minutes. I take full advantage of this tiny window of opportunity... and it is a tiny window.

The girl loves to eat! She will eat anything I will feed her, except peas and green beans. She eats a full container of baby food and would probably make a dent in a second container if allowed. She loves the little puffy stars. If I need to get dinner done, I'll sit her in her walker and put a bunch of stars in front of her. She only gets about half in her mouth and the other half on the floor, but that's okay because it gives me time to make dinner. I have fed her some stuff I probably shouldn't, but hey, she's the third child so we're not quite as finicky about stuff. Today she had tiny pieces of my Sun Chips and some of my low fat chocolate cake. She likes spaghetti and bread. I'm trying to stay away from the milk products and meats. She liked mango when I had it the other day. She gets extremely angry when the food is done but the plate is still sitting there. She expects you to continue feeding her. I have to put the plate away immediately if I don't want her throwing a fit. It cracks me up!

Zoe loves her Sydney! Sydney can pretty much make her laugh anytime, unlike the rest of us. Poor little Sydney puts up with so much from her as well. She'll pull Syd's hair, and Sydney will let out a little "Ow," but that's it. She doesn't try to retaliate. I think she understands that Zoe is much smaller than her and isn't trying to hurt her. It's so sweet. Sydney is such a good big sister. I couldn't have asked for a better big sister for Zoe. Paige is a great big sister as well, but as mentioned in the previous post, she tries too hard. We have to really watch over Paige when she's with Zoe, but I feel comfortable with Sydney being with Zoe. It's weird.

Poor Paige had a bad day at school. I can't wait until she gets to kindergarten. Today she was in time out for whining too much, and some girl came up and hit her three times in the back. Sometimes you don't know whether to believe what Paige says, but she'll usually tell you about that type of stuff. I guess the teachers didn't see the girl do it and didn't put her in a time out. I told Paige I was so sorry that happened and that it won't happen in kindergarten. It's really sad to me that she has to put up with that there. It shouldn't make a difference that most of her classmates are developmentally and physically disabled. They shouldn't get away with that type of behaviour. You can bet your bottom dollar that we don't let Sydney get away with that behaviour just because she has Down syndrome! She has started racking up the minutes in the time out chair. She knows she doesn't like it there and will stop a lot of stuff when told.

I guess I should go to bed. Last night was a horrible night. Zoe woke up at 1am and didn't go back to sleep until around 6:30! I don't know what was wrong with her. It was party time, though.

No comments: