Monday, May 04, 2009

Much better day


Last night Sydney finally didn't have to use any oxygen. Hopefully this will last awhile. She was excited about going to school today. I think Zoe and I must be a boring pair!

This past Saturday, I had our support group booth set up at the mall for a family day set up by another group. It was raining that day, so they moved everything inside. There were about 50 information tables set up. They also had a couple bands play. It was fun. I had several people stop by the table. Bill brought Sydney there for a little while. Right behind us the pediatric clinic had a table set up. They love Sydney and were excited to see her. She's very entertaining. She was really interested in the different characters that were there, such as the Chik-fil-a cow and the Maggie Moo cow. One of the girls from the pediatric clinic got a picture of her with one of them and I can't wait to get a copy. I think she really enjoyed being out.

Only a couple weeks until we go to the Kansas City clinic. It is really weird, because everywhere we need to make an appointment, they want to schedule it the same day. For her next pulmonology appointment they were trying to schedule it that day. I just got a call for her cardiology appointment this morning and they had scheduled it that day. I have to reschedule it for a different day and it sounds like it will be difficult. I don't know why I get the feeling there is something going on, because the nurse said they would probably want her to go down to Little Rock for her appointment if we couldn't make it that day. It makes us feel there is something they aren't telling us. We've been getting all her medical records together for our KC trip. We don't necessarily need all of them, but since we are going to the process of ordering them, we thought it would be better to just pay for all of them that way we have them. I told Bill we need to put them in the safe deposit box. He said when he dropped off the medical release form to the local hospital and said we wanted everything, she looked at it in the computer and said "whoa"! I don't think she thought a 3 year old would have so much history already.
Zoe has been as grumpy as ever. Imagine that! She's got the cutest smile, though, and can switch from a scream to a smile at the drop of a hat. The only one that can make her smile at any time is Sydney. Paige is pretty good, but not as good as Syd. We got Paige some new earrings. They are just plain gold balls. The others she had were kind of getting caught on the cotton pad we were cleaning them with. She had to show everyone at school. The little boys in her class were more interested in the backs of the earrings for some reason.
I don't really have much more news. It's been pretty slow here. Just going to all of Sydney's appointments.

No comments: