Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pageant Day

Well, it was definitely a long day today. We got up (after Paige fell out of the bed and hit her chin on the bedside table), got ready, and had to go get gas before the pageant. Of course Paige was not cooperating this morning. Luckily, she would listen to Julie and get ready a little faster than usual. We got to the pageant almost at the last minute and had Paige's section first. There were about 30 girls in her division. Apparently to win these things, you have to doll them so much. I thought this was just a local pageant, but some of these people take it seriously. Paige didn't have a chance. We went to lunch and went back for Sydney's division. There were more like 50+ kids in hers. Again, people took it way to seriously. I got Syd to blow kisses to the crowd and wave at the judges. I guess that doesn't count for points though! :) Oh well, it was a learning experience and I won't be doing that again. It was a nightmare. 4 million people there!

Sydney did the cutest thing tonight. We have all been so tired today. Sydney fell asleep at about 6:00 and will hopefully sleep through the night. I was holding her during her last feeding and breathing treatment. I had her propped up for a little while after she was done eating. She was out! All of a sudden, her nose started itching. She used the back of her hand and rubbed it, then started chuckling. In her sleep! I was cracking up, because I don't expect that to happen with a child that age. I wonder what in the world she was dreaming about.

Off to bed while I have a chance to sleep.

No comments: