Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy day!

It was a busy day today. I had to make sure I got up early to get Sydney to her pulmonary appointment this morning. I was so happy it wasn't in Little Rock. We saw the pulmonologist in Lowell which is only about 20 minutes away. She was a very nice lady. Sydney measured at 9.7kg (with a dirty diaper) and measured 29 1/2 inches long. Basically the pulmonologist listened to her and started mentioning her sinuses after hearing her nasty cough. Syd is on antibiotics right now and she said if she still has her cough Monday, she is going to put her on a 6 week round of antibiotics. If that doesn't clear her up and make her oxygen levels more normal, she is going to send Sydney down to Little Rock for a CT scan of her sinuses. She said that with Down syndrome, their sinuses are more compacted in their faces and can tend to catch and keep infections. She said that following the CT scan, there is a slight possibility of surgery on her sinuses. She's really thinking the antibiotics will work, though.

Of course, she stated what the doctors usually say... don't send her to school unless you have to. What are we supposed to do, keep her at home for 18 years? I don't get when they think she is actually going to be stable enough to be at school.

Here's the update list of Sydney's meds: Rhinocort once a day, Pulmicort 2 times a day, Zyrtec 2 times a day when sick, Atrovent when needed (like now), Xopenex when needed (like now), Prevacid once a day, Levo-thyroxin once a day, Reglan 4 times a day, Augmentin 2 times a day, and now Acidophilus once a day while on antibiotics. Brother!

The new clinic in Lowell is very nice. It was pretty quiet. We have to go back November 28 to have Sydney rechecked and see the nutritionist to make sure her intake is sufficient.

I went to work after the appointment, which ended up being around 11. It is the due date of the extended tax returns. I had a couple to finish, but it wasn't terrible. Then I went to pick up the girls, drop off Sydney's prescriptions, came home to wait for the oxygen guy (who never actually came), went to get some gas, went to pick up Syd's prescriptions and then finally went to get something for dinner. I never had time all day to eat anything. I really shouldn't have picked Burger King. It sounded good, but it really wasn't.

I think I have got into a good routine of getting everything ready for the next day before bed. I think I have everything done, so as soon as Sydney is ready for bed I can go too. I have been feeling like I am coming down with the flu or something. I hope not, but I'm afraid so. I have a sore throat, head hurts, and I feel like I have a fever, but don't.

Anyway, I'm going to take advantage of an early night!

No comments: