Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Paige now!

I took Paige into the doctor again this evening. She woke up this morning crying with her ear hurting. Well, since they said her ears were clear yesterday I thought it was just something with this cold she has. After she complained this afternoon again and had a fever, I decided to call the doctor's office and check with the nurse. They said I had to take her in again. I forgot to ask which doctor it was going to be when I made the appointment, so when I got there it was the one I don't like to see. She looked in Paige's ears and said the one she was complaining about this morning had fluid behind it and the other one looked like it might be getting an infection as well. She listened to her chest again and said she heard some crackling and then used the dreaded word. She said Paige sounded like she had the beginnings of... PNEUMONIA!!! No, there must be something wrong I thought. This is Paige, not Sydney. She put Paige on the same antibiotic as Sydney is on, told me to give her an expectorant and pound her on the back some. So, here we go!

On a side note, Paige was up at 4:45 this morning asking to watch TV. I told her to go in the living room and watch it quietly. She was back in bed by around 5:30. Sydney had to have a little oxygen last night. I think it is just because she is stuffy. I'm not going to stress out about it, that's for sure.

No comments: