I've been searching high and low for some extra extension tubes for Sydney's feeding/burping supplies. At a regular medical supply company, they sell for around $18 per tube. Sydney's insurance will only pay for 2 a month. It's not so bad for her feeding tubes, but the burp tubes get a little disgusting. Plus, I like to use one for feeding, one for burping. I found a set of 15 tubes on eBay for $45. That's only $3 per tube and a savings of around $225! I am so happy!!!!!
On another note, I am about ready to kill Paige. She has learned how to jump on her gate to get it open. It is driving me nuts! She won't leave it open ever now. She thinks she is just so cool being able to open it. I opened it this afternoon and she had a complete meltdown.
I called the Vest people today to find out about the error it is giving me. The lady said it was probably something wrong with the chip in it. She is sending out a new one overnight and I have to get this one ready to be picked up by FedEx on Thursday. It's funny, because I just got a letter from our insurance company today saying they are going to do a lease to purchase on the Vest. They are going to pay $850/month for up to 15 months which would cover the purchase price of $12,750. This is really strange, since the insurance company is still paying on the $1,200 pulse ox at around I think $600/month for over a year! I'll never understand. I'm just so glad we have this Vest. Our OT and I think it has really kept her from getting sick or congested. The OT said she's never heard her this clear for over a week and it's been a month now! I hope it lasts!
Sydney and I head down to Little Rock in the morning for her swallow study. I'm really hoping for good things. She's been eating and drinking like a champ. I would love to be able to just let her go for it. What a Christmas present that would be! I know they won't go 100% all of a sudden, but just being able to cut down on the tube feeding would be great. One of the therapists wonders how they will ever decide to take her completely off the feeding tube, because of liability issues. The speech pathologist and pulmonologist would have to feel very comfortable that she doesn't aspirate anything and how they can do that in a half hour swallow study is what we wonder about.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment