I had a scare this evening. Sydney was in Paige's room playing. I told Paige the only way she could play in there was if Paige made sure she didn't put anything in her mouth. Well after about 10 minutes, I heard Sydney coughing. Not a regular cough, but a choking cough. I ran in there and saw she was having trouble with something. I picked her up quickly patting her on the back all the way into the living room sat down and kept patting on her back until she sounded clear. I turned her to me and her mouth was bleeding. I don't know if it was from what she had swallowed or if the way she was coughing aggravated her throat into bleeding. I cleaned it out with a couple tissues and tried to look in her mouth (which is nearly impossible) to see if I could find where the blood was coming from. All I could see was there was some on one side of her mouth around her teeth.
I drilled Paige as to what Sydney might have put in her mouth. Of course that was like speaking to a 4 year old. She had no clue. She wasn't watching. I had to tell her that Syd wouldn't be able to play in her room anymore, because she had too much small stuff in there. She didn't sound too disappointed, but she was watching JoJo at the time.
I just put Sydney in bed to go to sleep. Hopefully she'll go to sleep quickly. I also hope that whatever she choked on is gone and doesn't affect her in any other way. At one point I had considered taking her to the hospital, but since the bleeding stopped and she seemed okay, I didn't think it was necessary. Let's hope I was correct.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment