


This evening, after Sydney had her last feeding she was sitting on the floor reading books. I just had the lamp on in the living room and was doing something on my computer. I just happened to catch this thing moving quickly across the floor. I quickly got some tissues and my shoe, flicked on the big light and proceeded to move over to where I thought I saw it scuttle to across the floor. I moved a toy and it quickly moved. It freaked me out! I am surprised I didn't wake Paige up, because I let out a scream. It was this huge spider! I wafted my shoe at it and it ran a little bit under the entertainment center, then came out again. I probably looked hilarious, but I started hitting it with my shoe over and over and over. I stopped a second to see if it was dead (and it was), but I hit it again for good measure. Just to make sure it was going to be completely out of our lives, I flushed it down the toilet. I think I might have to call the people that spray, because we don't usually have things come in the house this soon after a spray. It looks like it came in from the back somewhere. I don't know if it was from underneath the house or just through the back of the house, and I don't really care as long as it is gone. What worries me is if something gets in and bites one of the girls.
I let out a big sigh of relief today. I took the girls with me to pick up a fax from the office. While I was there, I decided I'd get my pictures from my old office while the other girl wasn't there. I don't really care to talk to her. While I was in that office I noticed a lot of my stuff was in boxes. I decided I would just bring it all home. I got all the stuff that was already boxed up, then decided to come home, get another box, go back to the office and box up what else was left. I have a feeling I'm going to get an e-mail from Dan asking about why I did this, but I just felt like doing it. I just didn't like having everything I own strung all over the offices. If I go back to work there, I'll just take back what I want. For the time being, though, I want to know where my stuff is, and I didn't before now.
Paige is cracking me up. I was sitting here doing some work and I heard her door opening and her footsteps coming down the hall. She walked in half asleep pointing to my bed asking if she could come sleep with me. I decided to let her rather than fight it. She has now kicked off the covers and has a nightie on. Unfortunately she doesn't have any panties on, so I am looking at a naked rear end in the air. She wanted me to cut her hair tonight, because a couple other people in her class had their hair cut. I sat her in the highchair and cut off about 1/2 an inch. I would love to cut it more, but she has just got to the point she can put her hair in a ponytail. I was more concerned with cutting off the ends.
I can't wait for it to get a little cooler outside and for Sydney to walk. Paige insisted on going outside today to play on her swing set. It was so humid (but only mid 80's) so it was nasty out there. She kept coming in to ask me to do something. Her face just kept getting redder and redder. I feel sorry for her out there, because she can't really push herself on the swings yet. I go out every once in awhile, but it is so nasty out there, I can't really stand to be out there. Plus I don't really want to take Syd out in it too much either. She's 10 times worse than Paige when it comes to getting hot. Paige didn't stay very long out there thank goodness. I think it got to the point she was either so uncomfortable or so bored she decided to quit. Once it cools down, I think I will feel better about having Sydney out there.
Let's see... what else is happening. I'm trying to finish up this audit so I don't have to worry about that anymore. I can't wait. Sydney ate some mixed veggies this evening, but didn't like it as much as her peaches & bananas. Hmmm, I wonder why? I guess that's about all that's happened. Bill seems to be doing pretty well. I got bumped this morning while talking to him, because they were getting ready to show a movie. I guess that shows me where I fall in his priorities. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment