Friday, February 15, 2008

I am soooo tired!

It was another bad night with Sydney. After listening to Sydney coughing all day, I got this gut feeling she was getting more sick than I thought. I gave in and got some of her antibiotics. Boy am I glad I did. Last night she started with a fever. When I put her in bed, I had to put her on 2 liters of oxygen to get her levels up. As soon as I decided to close my eyes, her pulse ox started beeping. I went in and put it back in her nose and was able to get her down to 1 liter. Well later on that night she started beeping again. I ended up having to put her up to 1.5 liters and wake up what felt like every 15 minutes to put the cannula back in her nose. She woke up moaning and beeping. She sounded pretty upset. I thought it was because her fever was back. Her heart rate was beeping high as well. I went in to check on her and found that she had the oxygen tubing wrapped around her neck a couple times pretty tightly. I think she was freaking out, because I was trying to get it off her and she kept fighting me. I'll be so glad when we are finally able to get rid of this stuff.

I'm really hoping to take a nap today with Sydney. I know she has to be as tired as I am. However, she insists on watching the Wiggles. The oxygen people are supposed to be coming today, but who knows what time. I also have to go out at some point to get some groceries, but paper tape for Sydney in particular.

Sydney's not acting too bad right now. Probably because she's had her motrin again this morning. Her fever was back up.

No comments: