with how Paige was today? She started out okay, but just ended up horrible. I'm trying my best not to spank or yell at the child, but she makes it nearly impossible. She is supposed to be cleaning her room (and was told to do that as of 3 this afternoon). Is it clean... no! I've had to unplug her television, which really sets her off. Just a few minutes ago, I sent her into go potty, wash her hands and brush her teeth. She came out about 20 seconds after she went in and told me she did all 3. I of course knew she was lying through her teeth. I went in and felt her toothbrush which was bone dry. The sink was, too, so I knew she hadn't even washed her hands yet. Disgusting! I am so tired of her trying to get away with not washing her hands. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. Finally she has done it and has been sent to her room to clean it or she's not going to her Valentine's party tomorrow. This morning I had to throw away a toothbrush, because she was cleaning the sink with it! She is everything that disgusts me all rolled up into one child. Don't get me wrong, though, I love her. I just can't stand her right now. :)
I had to take Sydney for her RSV shots today. Those are never fun. It usually takes her about a week to get completely over them. Then she only has 3 weeks before the next round. They are nasty little shots. I'm just glad the insurance will still pay for them. I can't imagine where we would be without them. There's no way we could afford them without insurance. They run anywhere between $1,200 or $8,000 depending on which EOB you look at. That's per month and she has to have them from October through March or April, depending on when they decide the end of RSV season is.
I had a horrible night last night. Sydney's pulse ox probe sticky stuff was wearing out and it kept separating from her foot (even with all the tape I stuck on her) and it would start beeping. It was the most annoying thing ever. I feel like I haven't had any sleep at all. Sydney had a second nap (because of the shots) when we got home this afternoon. I took advantage of it and took a nap with her. Paige is pretty good about that when I do it. She'll come in one or two times and wake me up, but will be pretty quiet most of the time.
Paige has been spilling the beans about her "baby brother." I was greeted today by the speech therapist saying she had heard a rumor. Apparently she was in the classroom yesterday with one of the other kids and Paige told her I was sick because of the baby in my stomach. At that time nobody knew. The speech therapist asked the teacher if she knew what she was talking about and she said no. I guess she asked again this morning and they had told her they found out last night. You can't keep any secrets with that child.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment