Friday, May 18, 2007

Family Fun Day

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but today was Family Fun Day at Paige & Sydney's preschool. They had a lot of fun. They had 2 bounce houses, pie throwing at one of the staff, different sensory tubs they could find stuff in, face painting, tattoos, football throwing (which Paige was amazing at thanks to Bill throwing balls with her), a dunk tank, the fire safety dog (dalmatian) showing the kids fire safety (he could even stop, drop and roll :), and much more. After lunch, we brought Paige home with us. Paige and Sydney both took a nice nap, then we went outside to play on the swing set. They got quite a bit of time outside. I planted my tomato plant in a planter on the patio. I replanted this ivy or whatever it is that I got in my tulips in the planter with my goldfish plant. I hope they grow. They were growing in the original planter I had them in. It's kind of neat, because I still have a reminder of the arrangement that Bill sent for my birthday. I had to bring the girls in, because it was just getting so hot. Paige wasn't too disappointed, because it was pretty close to dinner time.

I have to drive down to Little Rock tomorrow afternoon for Sydney's sleep study. Hopefully this will be the last one she ever has to have. I got a letter in the mail yesterday from our insurance company that Bill had at Air Evac that said they were considering buying a piece of equipment for Sydney instead of paying the monthly rent. Could it be the pulse ox machine? That would be an answer to my prayers! I have wished they would purchase it for us, and I guess based on what the doctor has told them, it's better for them to do that. I don't know any other machine they would be buying unless it's her feeding machine. Whatever it is, they are paying $107 a month in rent for it. Both the machines run around $1,000, so it is a toss-up.

Anyway, back to the trip tomorrow. It is going to be a pricey one gas-wise. I don't know what kind of gold... correction, platinum they think their gas is made of in this part of the state, but it is ridiculous. I bought gas on Monday or Tuesday for $3.15 a gallon and today they are saying some places are charging as much as $3.46 today! Luckily I have a little over 3/4 of a tank, because once you get out of Northwest Arkansas, the gas goes down to under $3.00 a gallon in some places. Maybe I will luck out and hit one of those places. I'll probably top it off before I leave, then try to get some cheaper gas on the way back. All we've heard about on the news every night is "why are our gas prices in Northwest Arkansas so high?" They keep trying to go to the gas stations and gas companies and nobody will talk to them. I guess there isn't anything else to talk about on the news these days.

Well, Sydney is getting cranky, and it's almost time for Paigey to go to bed, so I'd better leave for now.

No comments: