Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hot dinner... what's that?

Thanks to Paige and Sydney, I have no idea what a hot dinner is. Here's my routine. I put Syd in her swing and start her meal. Then I get dinner ready for Paige and I. By the time I give Paige her dinner and get mine ready to sit down, Sydney's machine starts beeping done. I inevitably go to take her out of her swing and she is dirty. So then I have to go change her diaper. Then I have to start water running through her feeding tube to get ready for her next meal. By the time I get to my dinner, it needs to be warmed up. Then I finally get to sit down and eat and Paige says, "I'm done. I want to get down." Urrgh! I have to clean her up get her down and then warm my dinner up again (or just eat it cold). I sit down to eat, and now that Sydney can pull herself up on furniture, she will pull herself up on the chair I'm sitting in and proceed to complain, because I am not paying attention to her. Heaven forbid I get a hot meal! I've decided I am getting a babysitter next Friday and going out to dinner with some friends. Maybe then I will get a decent meal. Until then, I doubt it!

No comments: