Paige has had what she called a "rough day." It started with her waking up at about 6:30 throwing up. She was in our bed and suddenly sat up and moaned. I thought she had to go to the bathroom really bad, but by the time I got her into the bathroom, she had vomited into her hand. I felt so bad. We changed her shirt and got her back into my bed. After a little while she said she was sick again. And back to the bathroom we went where she proceeded to throw up again. We changed her shirt again and got back into bed. Her stomach was rumbling a little bit and she turned to me and said it was a fever. She relates any kind of sickness to a fever. Within a couple hours or so she managed to throw up at least 10 times. Then the diarrhea hit! She had a couple accidents in her underwear before it clicked with me to put on a pull-up. I don't know how many pull-ups she went through by not making it to the bathroom in time. I gave her a little jello for lunch. That seemed to make her feel a little better. By dinnertime, she was feeling much better and even ate some pizza. I just felt so sorry for her all day. She is looking forward to going back to school tomorrow if her diarrhea is gone. I hope it is, because I need to get some stuff done while she is not at home.
The new driver for Sydney's oxygen company finally started and came by to check the equipment and bring some extra supplies.
Did I say how stupid insurance companies can be? It looks like the piece of equipment they were thinking about buying is the portable oxygen tank. Trust me, I don't want to own that! I looked at an EOB and found out the insurance company is being charged $552 a month for our pulse ox machine. I have no idea why they won't purchase it, because it is only worth about $1,000-$1,500. We have had it since last June!!! That is coming up on $6,600+ in charges for a $1,000 piece of equipment. Plus, there is no end in sight right now as to how long we will be needing it. Does that make any sense?! No, I don't think so! No wonder premiums on insurance are so high.
Got to get Syd into bed and back onto her O2. Good night!
We miss you Bill!!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment