The pediatrician put Paige in the hospital today. They still think it is MRSA. She is on IV antibiotics and if those don't work by the morning, they are going to drain the abscess on her privates. I felt so sorry for her as she was getting her IV. The room they did it in was right across the hall from our room. I kept hearing, "ouchie" and "I don't want that anymore" and worst of all "I need my mommy!" It was heartbreaking. I was furious the first time they tried, because they had her in there for 20-30 minutes, so I went off on them for using her as a pincushion. I told them they needed to get someone who knew what they were doing after they told me two nurses tried and they were waiting on a third. Absolutely ridiculous! Their excuse was that she bleeds quickly. My response (though I didn't say this) was then if you know that get someone in there that knows how to handle it! They brought her back into the room for about an hour to settle down (or maybe it was for me to settle down), then took her back again. I could hear her screaming again, but they got it done a lot quicker. I was shaking the first time I was so mad! The nurse tried to tell me this was something that had to be done in order to get her better. DUH!!!!! I'm not stupid, but if you think I'm going to let you stick my child for an indefinite time, then they must be!
Now she has her IV and is getting this medicine she hated taking by mouth, because it's disgusting. I'm hoping it will work, but I'm not holding my breath. They will give her morphine and ativan tomorrow if they have to drain it. I feel so sorry for my children. What did they ever do to deserve what they have to go through?
Bill's mom is staying with Paige tonight, so I am going to try to get some sleep. I don't know how much I will get. It's hard when I know she is there, but I know nothing is going on and the doctor assured me they wouldn't do anything with her tomorrow until I get there.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment