Monday, July 09, 2007

She's going to be the death of me!

And I'm not talking about Sydney. It all started with going to the new mall in Rogers yesterday. I took both the girls in their double stroller. Paige didn't want to sit. I knew that was eventually going to happen, but I didn't think it would be within the first 5 minutes of getting there. We went into Gymboree first. When Paige spotted the TV, she insisted on getting out to watch. There were a couple other girls sitting there watching. Paige proceeded to pull one of the chairs to right in front of the TV so nobody else could see it. She then decided she needed to go potty. Luckily, the store let us use theirs. She got back into the stroller (after having to switch seats with Sydney) to go to the store next door. She then got back out, found a balloon and proceeded to hit it into the air all over the store probably irritating the heck out of all the other shoppers. She got back in while we went to go eat a late lunch. Paige had already had a PBJ sandwich for lunch and something else. I wanted to get Chinese. Paige said she wanted a "banilla" milk shake and some Chinese. I wasn't going to buy her Chinese after she had already had lunch. She's crazy sometimes. So we shared and she actually ate quite a bit. She must be going through a growth spurt, because she wants to have all sorts for breakfast. Then we were off again. We went to this store called Melody's Choices which was pretty much a mistake with having Paige. It is a store that has all sorts of kid's stuff along with some ornaments and decorations. They have a lot of the wooden trains and Hello Kitty stuff, and also play kitchens (which she absolutely loved, Bill). She also loved the little brooms. I offered to buy her the broom and dustpan combo, but she wanted the big broom you use out in the garage. I opted not to get her that one. She also loved pushing around this miniature wheelbarrow and played with the miniature rake. She looked like a little Bill picking up all that stuff. If it wasn't for the kitchen I would have been worried! :) She wanted to touch everything! It took some deceiving to get her out of that store. I'm definitely not taking her next time. I'd like to look around more and it's so hard with her wanting to get out all the time.

One thing that was really funny is that Sydney started griping at the end. I looked at her and said, "Syd, stop being grumpy." She kept going. I asked her, "Do you want to go try on some shoes?" She completely went quiet and nodded her head yes! I only said this, because I wanted to run by the Stride-Rite store and see if they had any exceptional deals on some winter shoes for the girls. They were having a final clearance on some of their shoes so it was worth a look. I actually found out that I have been putting Paige in shoes almost a 1/2 size to small. I think they have a weird measuring system there, though, because they show Sydney as a size 2 1/2, but she can still fit into some of her size 1 sandals. Anyway, I found Paige some good shoes in a bigger size for this winter for only $19.99 down from like $40+. I know Bill's probably having a cow reading this right now, but it's for this winter... she doesn't have any in the right size for that time of the year. Plus they are really good shoes, so I don't mind spending as much and I think she is going to love wearing them, because there aren't any ties or Velcro to mess with. If it were up to her, though, she'd probably wear her flip flops through the winter!

I felt really bad for her last night. I was up working until 2 am, and heard her kind of moaning 4-5 times. After about the 4th time, I went in there to make sure she was okay. She woke up. I asked her if she was having a bad dream and she said, "No, I want my daddy!" How sad is that? (Not to make you feel bad, Bill, I just felt sorry for her) I told her I was so sorry she was sad and she went back to sleep, or at least I thought she did. After a few minutes, she started talking in her sleep like she was scared. I went back in and asked her if she was having a bad dream. She said she was. I decided I would bring her into my bed. As she got in, I asked her about her dream. She said she was dreaming about monsters and spiders. I don't know what is going through her little head.

Tonight, she didn't want to go to bed. I don't know if she is even asleep now. She kept closing the door and turning her light on to read. Little stinker! Like I wouldn't see the light around the door. She wanted to sleep with me tonight, but I really don't want to get her in that habit. I don't mind if she comes in the middle of the night, but I don't want her to start sleeping there all the time. Bill can tell you, she cuddles up to you and burns you up!

I decided not to work tonight, because I am just plain worn out. I was supposed to have these returns done today, but they were such a mess, I didn't. It could have something to do with my procrastination!

Off to bed, I think.

No comments: