Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I just don't know what to think!

I can't understand Sydney's sickness. I have a feeling it is just a sinus infection or something along that line. Tonight when I got home, I gave her all 3 of her breathing treatments, beat on her awhile to loosen things up in her chest and put her in bed. When I put her pulse ox on, she went down to as low as 88%. I had to end up putting her on 1 liter of oxygen to get her up to 96%. She was very rattly. I played with her mouth and tried tickling her to get her to cough. It took awhile, but she finally did. Then she went up to 100%. I was able to move her all the way back down to 1/2 liter O2, and she was still at 98%. So apparently she does have something, but whatever is getting stuck in her throat is making it seem worse.

Sydney's nebulizer died this morning. I tried to turn it on for her morning breathing treatments. Nothing. Could have something to do with the fact that Paige tries to drag it around everywhere. I called our oxygen company and they said they would check on it (insurance) and call me back in a few minutes. Well after about an hour, I thought this was crazy. I had to get a nebulizer and give Sydney her treatments. She's sick for crying out loud! So I called this pharmacy that also has some home health equipment to see if they had one. They did! I quickly went down there and purchased one. It is a very compact one, even smaller than the one we originally had. A lot quieter than the old one and gives the treatments faster, too. I started looking at the price of it on the internet, and I did pay more than I would have online, but I didn't have time to wait. If she was healthy, I wouldn't have probably done this so quickly, but there are so many things going on resting on whether she is well or not.

Apparently Paige put herself to bed tonight for the babysitter. She said Paige told her at around 8 that she was tired and going to bed and did! That never happens!

Two more days of school for Paige, then she's off for a couple weeks. Oh boy!!! Maybe she will be the model child this coming week. I'll have to keep bribing her with the fact that Bill is coming and Grandma and Grandpa Salam will be her. She keeps saying they are coming in 2 weeks.

No comments: