I had another hard night last night. I couldn't sleep, because all I could think about was Sydney's upcoming surgery. I know in my heart it is the best thing to do for her, but it doesn't make it any easier. I don't think you can truly understand it unless you have actually had to hand your child over to the surgery nurse knowing what is ready to happen. Especially at this age, because they look at you not having a clue what is about ready to happen. Then you have to sit in this room waiting for someone to come in with updates on how the surgery is going. Last time, that wasn't until the surgery was actually over and that's a long time to wait. I am hoping they will keep us better informed of what's going on.
I keep wishing that some miracle would happen and the hole would close on it's own. Pipe dreaming, I know.
Sydney's therapy went late today (till almost 3), so I decided just to take Paige home with me. I told her we had to run by the post office to pick up the surprise Daddy sent her. She was so excited. We got home and the packages from Grandma and Grandpa Salam were sitting at the front door. So, of course she had to get a movie to watch first. Then I opened the package with the clothes in from Grandma and Grandpa and called Paige in to look at what she got. She came in and looked at the first dress then said, "I have to go watch my movie!" I tried to get her to come back in and look at some of the other clothes, but she would only look from her room. Then I asked her if she wanted to see what was in Daddy's package and she came running! We opened it up and I showed her the first dress. She was excited for a split second then went running back to watch her movie. Sorry guys... nothing stands up to a movie. Later on this evening, though, she settled down and actually looked at everything and loved it. I'll have to post pictures of Paige (and Sydney) in her little Afghan dresses when she tries them on. She loves the little bells on the bottom of one of them.
Well, off to trying to get some sleep.
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment