It was another bad day in the Warren household. I went to the doctor this morning and found out I had lost 12 pounds in the last 3 months. Then went to Toys R Us and
Wal-mart for some supplies. That's where the "good" part of the day ended. When I got home, Paige didn't want to eat lunch. I had to try to mask the horrific taste of Paige's medicine in orange
sherbet and whipped cream. It didn't work too well. Then Paige kept wanting to touch Sydney even after I kept telling her not to do that. Later in the afternoon, Paige was crying in pain. I went to check on her and she said her bottom hurt. I looked at it, and part of it was very red,swollen, hard and hot to the touch. I took her to the doctor for the second day in a row. The nurse said we needed to and I said, "Eh, why not? We don't have anything else to do." The doctor started her on a second antibiotic. When I asked him if I could pick it up in the morning, he quickly responded by saying no, this kind of infection sends kids to the hospital. So, I got the medicine and gave her a dose and am going to do what he said and give her another dose as early in the morning as possible. You don't have to threaten me with the hospital twice. So now, I am just waiting for Sydney to get sick, since we had to visit the sick side of the Pediatrician's office two days in a row. This picture is one of her bites she had the first day we went.

Bill called this evening on the computer. Apparently Paige wasn't asleep yet, because she heard me talking to him and came to see him. Usually she doesn't talk for long, but since it was way past bedtime, now was the time to talk!
Sydney has picked up something funny from somewhere. I asked her to tell Paige no-no-no fully expecting her to shake her head no. Instead she started shaking her finger at her. It cracked me up. I got it on video this evening and will post in a future post. She has to be the funniest little girl.
Tomorrow is
Sami's birthday, and guess what? I haven't got a card for him. Sorry
Sami! I hope you have a good day, though!
Here are a couple pictures of a young man with Down syndrome Bill met while out on a mission the other day. He said they went back the day after, but he didn't see him again.

No comments:
Post a Comment