Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thank goodness!

I took Paige for her post-hospital recheck this morning. We were sitting waiting for the doctor and for some reason she lifted her shirt. She had this rash all over her stomach and back. I thought, great, something else going on now. The doctor came in and said it looked like a reaction to the antibiotics. He called over for the results from the culture they did at the hospital. It was definitely MRSA, but luckily it is sensitive to Bactrim, which tastes a whole lot better than the clindamycin she was on and refusing to take. I had to hold her down and force her to take that stuff. I asked the doctor if she would be able to go back to school anytime soon. He asked if the school was not wanting her to go. Apparently she could have been there on Monday! I really lost out on that. I was so glad to take her to school today, though. I quickly asked him for a note to get her back in there.

Yesterday was one of the worst days. I took the girls down to Little Rock for Syd's appointment. Paige was horrible! I can't even describe how horrible she was. I wanted to just sit down and cry by the end of the day. I knew she needed to go back to school so we could get a break from each other.

I got my first tomato off my plant. I am so proud of myself. I just looked and there are about 13 more tomatoes growing. One is starting to turn red. I don't have any idea where the name "big boy tomatoes" came from, though. They aren't big! I can't wait to taste a fresh tomato.

I am so tired today. I haven't caught up from the whole last week and a half. Maybe I can get a nap in tomorrow now Paige is back at school.

We had to add in another thing to Sydney's feeding routine. Now we have to add an ounce of water after her feeds and give her a multivitamin once a day. They said she wasn't getting an adequate amount of water or vitamins right now. Isn't that their job to tell me? How am I supposed to know this? I can't wait to get rid of this feeding tube!

I haven't got my pictures downloaded to the computer yet, but soon hopefully!

No comments: